Terminology – Who’s Who?
- Advise and provide administrative, managerial, and operational counsel to the association governing body
- Exhibit professionalism and loyalty to the principal (the Board)
- Exercise diligence in performing duties on the principals behalf
- Account for financial activities covered by the Management Agreement
- Perform onsite property inspections
- Solicit and evaluate bids for association services
- Supervise maintenance activities and contractor performance
- Oversee and authorize payment for primary association services
- Know and abide Bylaws, recognizing the State agency that supervises the community associations
The Board of Directors
Depending on the management agreement, some of the following responsibilities can be turned over to a managing company.
- Chief executive officer and leader of the association
- Presides at all meetings of the board and membership
- Executes legal documents on behalf of the association
- Sets meeting agendas and controls all meetings
- Represents the board before the residents
- May have nominating, if not appointment, responsibility for all committees
- Performs all of the duties of the president in his/her absence
- Typically shares some of the burden of the president regarding appearances, liaison, public hearings, etc.
- Usually assigned liaison responsibility to specific staff or contractors, and to specific committees
- Prepares and distributes board and membership meeting agendas, minutes, and materials referred to in minutes
- Maintains minutes and book on all meetings
- Maintains book of resolutions
- Maintains all official records, including official correspondence, contracts, membership roster, etc.
- Receives, verifies, and maintains all proxies
- Attests, by signature, to the legitimacy of certain documents
- Works with appropriate staff, contractors, and committees to develop and submit annual operating budget for approval
- Maintains adequate records of all association financial transactions
- Maintains roster of disbursement of funds, as authorized
- Prepares period financial reports
- Arranges, subject to board approval, an independent audit of financial affairs
Communities We Serve
Single Family Homes
Lifestyle & Clubs
© 2019 Denali Property Management, Inc. All rights reserved
385 Route 24 Unit 2C-1 Chester, New Jersey 07930.
Denali's reputation speaks for itself. With over 17 years of experience and a 92% customer retention rate, our team is driven by providing reliable & friendly service, professional financial services and state of the art technology to all our communities, regardless of size. Denali understands each communities' needs and budgets are unique, and we provide each client with a customized and affordable management program.